Friday, August 7, 2009

Loving Lost People

As I go out tonight to share the Gospel with the lost I must remember that I was once lost myself. Now that I'm found, I should never forget what it is to be lost. It’s easy to become annoyed with lost people, with their actions and the things they say. I have to remember, I was once like them! I can't start getting upset with them, I must remember that they are blind and don't get it. I need that love that can only come from the Lord to share the truth with them. I pray that God continues to give me His heart for the lost. Without love for these children of wrath, what’s the point? Why am I seeking them out and sharing the cure for sin and hell? Have I started doing it just because I'm suppose to? If that is the case, then I should be ashamed and stop. God is not pleased with that attitude. I pray that he restores my passion and compassion for them. Yes it upsets me that some of the lost people will never see how they have offended God and will die rejecting Christ. However there are the ones who God is working in and He is going to save! Those ones need the Gospel!
If I let the God haters discourage me from seeking out those who God is going to save, then I'm letting the enemy defeat me.
Luke 15: 6,7 says: 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
May I never lose God's heart for the lost, may I never get upset with them and feel like they are a bother to me. May I never surround myself with the 99 righteous and forget about the one that's lost.
Lord, give us your heart and your strength to share the Gospel with the lost tonight. For we know that some of us may plant and some of us may water, but we are nothing and the increase can only be given by the Father. May we continue to plant seeds tonight and believe that you will do the work in the hearts of these lost people. We take comfort in knowing the Gospel is the power of God to save! In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment