Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thss 5:17

I've been defeated in my prayer life lately. James chapter 5 verse 16 reminds me that: The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. Let us all be reminded that even though the Lord is in control, He still calls us to pray without ceasing. Lets be encouraged in knowing that not only are we allowed to go to His throne in prayer, he is telling us to do it without ceasing! What a privilege it is to be able to go to our Lord in prayer!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. Sometimes my prayer lifes feels stagnant. A friend of mine asked me to participate in a day of prayer last Saturday. We had a specific topic to pray about each part of the day (morning: friends & family who are not saved, afternoon: an issue with her church, and evening: for God to strengthen my sense of purpose, gifts, & ministry within the church). I have to say, having one specific thing to pray about led to a deeper time of prayer/conversation with God. I think I'm going to try it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Thanks for sharing that. I am going to try to make my prayers more specific as well. Thanks

    ReplyDelete